Blogopolis 2013 was held last November 16, 2013 at Intercon Hotel in Makati. This is a yearly gathering of bloggers and social media practitioners and enthusiasts. This year’s theme is “#intotheworld”: Weaving Information for Leaders of the Digital World“. Our country’s top blogging and social media influencers have contributed their insights and expertise the attendee’s brain picking.
For a digital marketing company here in the Philippines, it is important for us to take part in this yearly event. We have had the honor of taking part of Blogopolis 2012 by utilizing LetsTrendIt (Our Social Media RFID-based event management solution) to manage the event and help it trend in social media. This year, team was fortunate enough to be invited to attend Blogopolis 2013 by the Nuffnang team. It’s quite different this year since we now have more time to digest the speaker’s thoughts, and interact with the participants all the fun bunch called “Nuffies”!
Blogopolis 2013 #intothewild Speakers
- Maria Ressa – Bayanihan in the Digital Age
- Abe Olandres – The Cycle of Ads: How to Make Social Media Advertising Effective
- Aisa Ipac and Ana Gonzales – Taking your Readers Offline: Successful Ways to Mount a Blog Event
- Christine Dychiao – Blog Fund: 10 Ways to Guide Back Traffic to Your Blog Using Social Media
- Googly Gooeys (Tippy & Pong Go) – The Media Kit: Creating a Compelling Blog and Social Media Proposal
- Jeff Lo – Blog Thy Neighbor
- Jim Paredes – The New Nation 2.0
- Josh Villanueva – Youtube: The Next Frontier
- Lori Baltazar – Podcasting 2.0: The Podcast is Alive
- Chuckie and Yen Dreyfus – The Ultimate Selfie: How to Manage your Social Media Accounts
- TJ Manotoc – Twitter in the Newsroom
The night was capped by the Nuffie Awards Night. Bloggers and social media influencers were given recognition for their achievements in the digital world for 2013.
Nuffie Awardees: The Game Changers Category
- The Web Meister – Erwan Heussaff
- The Newsroom – Rappler
- The Jokebox – Ramon Bautista
- The Following – Fashion Pulis
- The Bloggers Choice Award – Takbo.ph
- Tarzan and Jane Award – Victor Basa & Jackie Go
Nuffie Awards: The Movers and Shakers
- The Social Engineer – Rescue PH
- The Imagineer – Pepper PH
- The One for Zero – Ramon Bautista
- The Rookie – Team Kramer
- The N Factor – Lori Baltazar
- The Chosen One – Ramon Bautista
The Philippines is going through the tunnel of change where social media is a big part of our transformation. We have been considered the social media capital of the world and it’s up to us to make a positive influence towards making our nation become better.
Our team definitely had a blast. Our brains and tummies were treated to a scrumptious event. See you guys again next year!
For more photo’s visit our Facebook Page.